Stephens Health Clinic
What is the Stephens Health Clinic?
• We are the Arkansas Children’s School-Based Health Clinic at Stephens Elementary located inside the school across from the Main Office.
• The clinic is open to Stephens, Bale, and Wakefield students and their siblings.
• Call 501-447-4680 for more details.
When is the Clinic Open?
We are open Monday-Friday 8:30am - 4:00pm. The APRN sees students and their siblings only on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Who will see my child?
A licensed advanced practice nurse practitioner (APRN) with Arkansas Children’s Hospital will see your child.
What care is offered?
• Routine physical exams and sports physicals
• Care when my child is sick or has health problems (on hold due to Covid-19)
• Care for minor wounds
• Eyesight, hearing, teeth, and blood pressure checks
• Lab tests
• Health education and counseling
• Teaching good eating habits and weight control
• Prescription drugs
• Classroom presentations
• Referrals to a provider of your choice for care not given at the Clinic
• Behavioral healthcare and counseling
Do I have to be at the visit?
Stephens: No, parents do not have to be at the visit. Students can be seen during school hours with parent written permission.
Can my child see their regular doctor?
Yes, this clinic is extra care and does not replace your child’s normal doctor. The APRN will work with your child’s normal doctor to let them know what happened during the visit.
Will my insurance be billed?
If you have insurance, it may be billed. No student will be turned away if they don’t have insurance or can’t pay.
How can my child be seen?
You can make an appointment by calling 501-447-4680. A consent form must be signed and returned in order to be seen.
Special thanks to our partners:
Little Rock School District
- Life Strategies Counseling
- Arkansas Children’s Hospital
- Arkansas Department of Health
- Rhea Drug
- The Pointe
- UALR Children International
- Wakefield Future Smiles Dental Clinic
- Arkansas Department of Education