Communication providers are offering free or low-cost Internet access for families.
Two Months Free Internet for Seniors and Students
Spectrum has released plans to extend free internet to students learning from home for 60 days; to register, call 1-844-488-8395. If you are in a low-income household without children and require internet, Spectrum has the Internet Assist program, found here:. . https://lnkd.in/e_qWH3g
Two months of Free Internet Access from Comcast
With school closings as a result of the Coronavirus and students needing Internet access for online instruction, Comcast has developed a plan to support low-income families and students with Internet Essentials.
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, anyone who signs up for Internet Essentials will receive two free months of Internet service. We are also increasing the speed of the program to 25 Mbps downloads, and 3 Mbps uploads for all new and existing customers.
After the first two free months expire, the subscriber can either cancel the service (which can be done at any time) or keep it as a regular paying Internet Essentials customer ($9.95/month).
How to sign up for Internet Essentials:
- Sign up at www.internetessentials.com or call 1-855-846-8376.
- We’re also giving all of our current Internet Essentials customers a speed boost, from 15/2 Mbps, to 25/3 Mbps.
- Internet Essentials, from Comcast, is the nation’s largest and most successful broadband adoption program for low-income families.
- The program offers low-cost internet service for $9.95/month, plus the option to purchase a heavily subsidized computer for $150, and access to digital skills training materials online and through select nonprofit partners.
- Since 2011, the program has helped connect more than 8 million people, from 2 million low-income households, to the internet at home.
- New customers will get a free and easy to use self-install kit by mail that includes a cable modem with a WiFi router to connect devices without wires.
- There is no term contract or credit check and no shipping fee for equipment.
- Current customers don’t have to do a thing to get the increase in speeds. They will be rolling out to customers over the next few days.